Monday, July 28, 2008

A simple solution

Joe suggested that a shirt might protect Tonka's skin from his constant scratching. Since he's been wearing the shirt, he isn't scratching as much and his skin is starting to heal.
Finding a dog shirt wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I went to Petco and PetSmart but no luck. If they had shirts that fit, they said stuff like "spoiled rotten", "princess", and "diva". That wasn't going to work.
I found the shirt in the kids department at Target. The shirt cracked me up because it reminds me of his Uncle Mike who wears a rash guard when he surfs. This shirt has a blue shark on the left leave and it even has built-in sun protection. Plus it is stretchy enough to fit over his big neck and chest! I'll have you know that his "big neck and chest" completely fill out an 18-24 month infant shirt!

1 comment:

Punchbugpug said...

You can also buy toddler undershirts! I have used the white ones to decorate when my group is in a parade or something. They work well and are inexpensive and cotton.