Saturday, January 16, 2010

A pug walks into a bar . . .

Tonka has a new skill. He can now jump onto our counter by first climbing onto our chairs. The chairs are very high, they are bar stool height. Nothing is safe anymore. I just caught him in the act. When he saw me he quickly sat down on the chair. Like that would be OK. He would have totally jumped right onto the counter had I not been there to catch him committing this crime against our kitchen! I thought puppy proofing was only a temporary phase in ones life with a dog. Surely by 4 years old, there wouldn't be anything left to "proof". I am understanding why some people say that "there are dogs and there are cats and there are pugs" . . . Had to change the title of this post after I saw DW's comment about Tonka looking like he's bellied up to a bar. I was thinking the same thing! :)

4 comments:

dw said...

You little stinker you, Tonka!!! It looks like you've just bellied up to the bar....lol.

Loren said...

He does look pretty comfortable sitting at the bar. Maybe in a previous life!

agent99 said...

Not so much......Gen (also 4+) has learned that she is as tall as the kitchen garbage canm and has even learned how to get the lid up so she can forage for scraps.....apparently pug-proofing is an ongoing excercise.
For a minute there, I thought Tonka really had bellied up to the bar!

Love
Agent99

Anonymous said...

This gives me no hope!!

Gus is almost 3 and we leave nothing on the kicthen table, I am scared to think he could get onto a bar stool as that is my husbands plan when we get newe furniture... i'll have to show him this!